• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madhatter1036

madhatter1036

Advanced Member

• Translation team
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

I'm starting another research project on modeling the electron as a 'multidimensional bubble',

(More to follow, this is a place holder so I don't keep forgetting to get this up)

#2 madhatter1036

madhatter1036

Advanced Member

• Translation team
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Goodness, I get busy with my other job and time flies by!!

A draft outlay, no math for the moment just a descriptive.

the electron isn't a 'thing' not a 'particle' but a "cloud" of energy that manifests itself in our 3 dimensional space, it's a higher order dimensional field that allows for it to pop between 'orbitals' instantly within our lower dimensional plane, akin to a 3d body moving thru a 2d plane.

the electron cloud isn't a cloud but an area of probability that we will find the energy of said electron.

Now most of this is all basic quantum physics stuff, the reason why it's this way is the million dollar question. Out of this is HUP, among many quantum effects, it's also a neat way to look at chemistry. See we can't predict the location of the electron, but what if we could?? what if we could know just a little bit more.......

#3 G4ΓΓ3ττ

G4ΓΓ3ττ

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • Location"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Very cool topic!

Statistical probability of spatial distribution is a fascinating concept. In my (basic) chemistry classes the subject is treated as having an absolute position in space at all times (no accounting for quantum effects). However, more complicated chemical relationships like a helium-3/helium-4 heat pump, which operates by principles of the van der Waal's force, can't be explained by a discrete position in space. Probability of the electron's charge is needed to show that "neutral" atoms can have very slight charge imbalances, so as to create mechanical forces with other "neutral" and non-neutral atoms. Same applies to the Casmir force, now known as the "retarded van der Waal's force," the repulsive force at distances greater than 20nm. Its interesting that as distance increases the vector forces of the van der Waal's force change direction. Some say it's due to the change in phase as the EM forces move through atomic scales of space.

Plato's Allegory of the Cave comes to mind when thinking about the electron from the perspective of the macro world. Clearly, the electron has properties beyond anything we observe normally: it has no physical dimensions (similar to the photon, according to Neil deGrasse Tyson), yet it has a definite rest mass but no definite position in space when examined at atomic scales. Paradoxes of the macro world become the reality of the atomic.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if electrons and photons were somehow interconnected in a higher order space, where one interchanges into the other and vice versa. The most boggling aspects of physics, to me at least, are the nuclear forces and neutral matter, like neutrons, as well as gravity and mass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users