• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madhatter1036

madhatter1036

Advanced Member

• Translation team
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Not sure where to drop this figured this would be a good as place as any.

how about a thread where we can drop links and suggestions to books, materials & references that would be useful to the group.

Here's a good one, stumbled upon it the other day and forgot I actually have a copy but figured for others it may be helpful.

http://www.tubebooks...ider_inside.pdf

A very good book on tubes and while not comprehensive it does cover enough of the basics and some advanced topics to understand how to design and work with tubes. A lot of books cover the deeper aspects of tubes and while that is useful in certain aspects this book covers more of the applied use in radio etc.. and is a good primer for the old tech.

John F Rider was in the Signal Corps and writes from a very experienced field applied perspective, also his writing style is very informative and not dry like most technical books.

For electrodynamics and physics you can't go wrong with a very good graduate text:

Classical Electrodynamics by Jackson

This is a tough book, I think there are three editions now. it's $$$ but worth the money as you'll always refer back to it, nothing out there comes close to the information in it. check Amazon for availability and pricing.

For the autodidacts out there:

Calculus by Spivak, best money you could spend on a very comprehensive text book and answer book depending on edition.

If I think of more I'll post up

#2 G4ΓΓ3ττ

G4ΓΓ3ττ

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • Location"Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

Great idea Madhatter! Concidering the overwhelming sea of information that exists online/offline it makes sense to point out any references that were found helpful or noteable in some way.

I'm frazzled from homework, but one reference I really like is the hands on style of Jack Smith over at Clifton Labratories with physical measurements and calculations of circuits and passive components.

Another is Bob Weavers' Electron Bunker which covers the calculation of inductance in all its various methods and in such detail that it's treasure trove for anyone looking into the nitty gritty of it all.

There are a lot more, but I'll have to wait untill they come to mind haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users