- - - - -

Forum Updates 16/07

No replies to this topic

#1 Raui

Raui

Administrator

• Administrators

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just letting you all know of the updates to the forum and what they mean for the community.

Reputation System

You can now +1 rep someone by clicking the green upwards facing arrow at the bottom of a post. This is to help others assess your contribution to the forum. For example on other forums I have frequented over the years a member might have nearly 10000 posts but might only have 10 posts which are actually meaningful to the community.

Therefore post count has been replaced by reputation in an attempt to show contributing members some love even if they do not post all the time. As the saying goes 'Those who know say nothing and those who know nothing say they know'. If you still really want to know how many posts you have you can view a members profile and it should still appear there.

You will probably notice that next to my post there will be a new box under my avatar that at the time of writing says;

Neutral

This is your reputation and by the looks of mine I need to get contributing :D Anyway I hope you enjoy this feature.

Updated Chatroom

I have also updated the chatroom. This chatroom is slightly different to the IP.Chat that was installed before however I think it's probably better since more than 5 people can chat at once and it supports bbcode so you can use it like you would any other post on the forum.

Soon to come

• Some sort of easy and effective photo gallery
  • A library section where members can upload documents to be downloaded by others.

Any suggestions to these updates is welcome!

- Router

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users